Tuesday, February 19, 2008

cold turkey: day 2

She went to sleep at 7:00pm without much of a fuss. She woke up at midnight screaming. I let her go for a few minutes. Then I went into her room, rocked her and nursed her and she fell back asleep. At 3 in the morning she woke up screaming again. Honestly, I can't remember exactly what happened. There was about an hour of crying, I couldn't get her to calm down, I finally ran downstairs and retrieved her pacifier. As soon as I gave it to her she threw it across the room. I picked it up and stuck it in my pocket... note to self, once you start to wean, stick to it.
I guess she finally went back to sleep, but woke up screaming at 6:30. She went back to sleep without much of a fight and slept until 8:30.
Nap was fine.
I considered un-weaning from the pacifier to deal with the other issue, the real one... her waking up and screaming in the middle of the night. But I don't know how to deal with that exactly. So, we're sticking to the original plan. No pacifier, love her at night during the transition. Deal with the screaming next week. The eternal maƱana.

Suggestions and ideas are always welcome.

1 comment:

juneheller said...

Should I bring over the "Groundhog's Day" DVD?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails