Sunday, February 17, 2008

cold turkey...

... and I don't mean Thanksgiving leftovers.

I decided last night, although I've been thinking about this for a month or so, to wean Acacia off her pacifier. She only uses it at night and naptime, but now it's time to throw it out altogether.

She wakes up during the night, sometimes just once but usually 3 or even 4 times and throws the pacifier out of the crib. Then she stands up and starts screaming until I finally roll out of bed and give it back to her. Usually though, she's so worked up by then that I have to rock her and hold her for awhile or even nurse her. So that's why we're going cold turkey. I hear it's just hard (really hard) the first couple nights and then she'll forget all about it. We'll see.

Pray for us.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails