On Saturday Braj, muffin and I went neighborhood hunting. Not really house hunting just scoping out some 'hoods. We found, thanks to June, the coolest neighborhood in all of Miami... maybe even the whole world. It's in El Portal, east of 95, west of Biscayne, north of Little Haiti, south of Miami Shores. The community is called Sherwood Forest and it is a nature preserve as well as a bird sanctuary. Here's some shots:
1. entrance into El Portal from Biscayne Blvd.
2. A giant tree in someone's front yard... the roof starts where the roots become the trunk.
3. House #1, a foreclosure. Someone bought it when the market was high, gutted it then ran out of money and now it's up for grabs. I'm pretty sure it's way out of our league. Here's the driveway.
4. This is it. Lovely, isn't it?! It has great potential. It's pretty small, I think about 1000 sq. feet, and it backs up to the Miami river. The agent said I could go inside, the back doors are open. But I was chicken. Hey, there could be snakes back there!
5. House #2 may be a little closer to our price range, and it's in foreclosure, too. Still a big time fixer-upper, but how can you resist the hobbit entrance?! It's a 3 bedroom, 2 bath. I'm not sure if it needs to be gutted. The backyard is in the bird sanctuary... they say you can have peacocks roaming back there sometimes!