Friday, January 16, 2009

remote blogging: Jackson's birth story

blogging from the happy confines of my treehouse bedroom my mom's laptop.

Labor with Jackson was slow and relaxing for most of the day. After getting to the birth center, my contractions slowed down and we ended up going out for breakfast and walking around walmart for awhile. They picked back up in the afternoon and by 6:00 or so, I was "transitioning" in the tub. Labor in the tub is soooo nice.

My water broke at 7:00 and by 7:30, my contractions were slowing down instead of getting more intense. A few minutes before 8, Mary (my awesome midwife) said, "It looks like Jackson doesn't want to be born in the tub... let's get you on to the bed." Famous last words. As soon as my feet hit the ground I got that overwhelming urge to push and at 8:07pm, Jackson came into the world with one giant push (and a partial 4th degree tear). I never even made it to the bed.

Anyway, bed rest for me for another few days, I guess. Jackson's nursing like a champion and resting well,too. I'm planning on holding my mom hostage for a little while longer.

More pics later...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shannon, I am so sorry that you tore so badly! I hope you have a quick recovery. Jackson looks absolutely precious. Sons are so amazing! We're having a daughter in May, very exciting. It is so good to keep up with your sweet family. You are in our prayers.
Blessings!
Jentry

Anonymous said...

more jackson ezra photos please. i mean, just make the braj do it, okay?

kaite

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails