Our first mission trip with the the ragamuffins is right around the corner! I can hardly wait... except for the packing part.
Mission trip packing is always exciting and a little time consuming for me. But this year I've got extra stuff to think about, so I need your help. We will be staying with friends, inside, but I think the kids will be sleeping on a hard floor. I'm excited about getting them their very first sleeping bags, but good grief... their are so many choices!
I have to confess the the Texan in me really wants matching sleeping bags. But I realize that is unnecessary and they may be better off in their own, individual sleeping arrangements. So, here it is:
1. Pea Pod Plus $80
+ Built in mattress, you can leave it unzipped, folds up easily.
- It's expensive. I will probably never use it again. No telling whether Jack will actually want to sleep in it or not.
2. Thick, quilted sleeping bag $50
+ very comfy, just warm enough, no need for bottom layer or pad, pretty dang cute.
- Bulky. Not sure what to do if one of them had an accident in it. Indoor use only.
3. Kid-sized real sleeping bag $30
+ long term use, good price, more grown-up feel, comes with stuff sack, very transportable
- What do I do underneath this? I need some sort of insulation between the bag and the floor. They will both roll off sleep mats... maybe a thick blanket or quilt? I think a nylon interior would be too noisy, but they have some with cotton/flannel interiors.