Tuesday, April 5, 2011

consider the lilies...

Look at the lilies and how they grow.  
They don't work or make their clothing, 
yet Solomon in all his glory 
was not dressed as beautifully as they are.  
And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, 
He will certainly care for you.  
Why do you have so little faith?  
Luke 12:27-29 NLT
 
 
In our barren rental-house yard two beautiful lily stalks appeared in the most unlikely, unnoticeable part of the side yard; next to peeling peach colored paint and some stray wires that look like they used to be attached to something.  Obviously, it got me thinking.  
 
Beautiful yet totally unaware of it's surroundings.  It didn't refuse to bloom because of it's hideous location.  It didn't demand to be replanted in a neighbors yard.  It just bloomed.  I think it bloomed just to remind me that if God cares enough to make flowers, He will certainly care for me.

“What is your name, little flower, for I never saw one like you before."

The tiny plant answered at once in a tone as golden as itself,
“Behold me! My name is Acceptance-with-Joy.”

“He has brought me here... I, too, will look up into His face and say,
‘Behold me! I am thy little handmaiden Acceptance-with-Joy.’”
--Hannah Hurnard, Hind's Feet in High Places  
::: ::: ::: ::: ::: ::: ::: ::: ::: ::: ::: ::: ::: ::: ::: ::: ::: :::

My discovery of the lilies got me looking around for other signs of fruitfulness and beauty.  I found mangoes and loquats that hang into our yard from the neighbors.  The loquats are delicious and we are all eagerly awaiting the mangoes to be ready, looks like its gonna be a bumper crop!


I wanted to introduce the newest member of the Mills crew, but unfortunately Miss Nessly is no longer with us.  She went back into the ocean via the commode.  But for about a week, we did have a pet.  And it was fun.  We may try that again sometime.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails