Monday, June 9, 2008

Great sermon link...

My favorite Bible teacher is Pastor Damian Kyle of Calvary Chapel Modesto (California). We subscribe to his free podcast of his Sunday sermons and I try to listen as often as I can. He's been going through "The Life and Ministry of Jesus" on Sunday mornings for about a year. If you have about 45 minutes and are interested, here's the link and you can get the podcast too.

The title of the sermon that just knocked my socks off is "The Cost and Blessing of Following Jesus". He is reading the story from Matthew 16 where Peter rebukes Jesus for saying that He'll have to suffer. Jesus responds with that famous verse, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it."

Highly recommended for those wanting a challenge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Babe. Great teaching. We just lose sight of God's greater purpose so easily. Faith is faith in His plan. May we keep it no matter what!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails