Friday, June 13, 2008

I just can't get enough...

Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas...

4-5 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped or shredded (reserve broth if you have it)
1 onion and a spoonful of diced jalapeƱos, sauteed in 2 T butter
2 cups shredded cheddar
1 tsp chili powder
1 cup sour cream
**** mix above ingredients together for the filling****
Fill about 12 flour tortillas (maybe more) and place seam side down in greased baking dish.

1/4 c flour
1/4 c butter
1.5 cups chicken broth
1 tsp chili powder
1 cup sour cream
8 oz. shredded jack cheese, DIVIDED

Melt butter in saucepan and add flour. Whisk until bubbly. Slowly add broth and stir until bubbly again. Turn off heat, add HALF of cheese, chili powder, and sour cream. Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese. Bake for 30 minutes at 350.

Coming next...
I just can't get enough Whole Grain Ranger Cookies... oh, man!!!

5 comments:

Chelsea Hudson said...

mmmm, this sounds SO good! ok, I think you should include recipes as a weekly thing on your blog... PLEASE? Seriously, PLEASE??! If you could see me you would know I was on my knees begging.

Anonymous said...

We had the chicken enchiladas for dinner Saturday. They were really yummy, and the recipe made enough to freeze. Thanks for sharing.
Phyllis

Shannon Mills said...

Wow! A blog comment from Phyllis! My mother-in-love (we don't say, "in-laws")!! What a treat. So glad you enjoyed this special Texas treat. We froze a little, too. That's probably the best part!!

Shannon

juneheller said...

I second Chelsea's motion and bring it to the floor for a vote....

They "ayes" have it...

Shannon, how about your cookie recipe next week? I'll get on my knees and beg too.

Unknown said...

Gurl. I too love me some echeeeladas!

I probably make sour cream enchiladas about once a week. :)

Love you miss you

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails