Friday, October 23, 2009

THIS is the day the Lord has made?

I will rejoice?  And be glad in it?

I should be folding this pile of laundry and then going to bed.  Are those the same clothes in that pile that I've washed, folded, and put away a gajillion times?

I've been a bit grumpy lately.  The crying, the whining, the poopy diapers, the micro-naps, the laundry, the I-can't-get-to-anything-because-Jackson-keeps-sticking-his-hands-in-the-toilet, and the cleaning... oh the cleaning. 

I haven't been blogging much partly because of my grumpiness and partly because I got Acacia this new movie, The Letter Factory, by Leap Frog and I've been letting her watch it on what was once my computer.  It's worth it, though.  Great movie; I highly recommend it. She can tell you what every letter is and what sound it makes. 

I did manage to squeeze in some DESPERATE time with God the other evening and you know what... sometimes He's just waiting to give us the boost we need.  I'm trying to work my way through the Psalms and I just *happened* to come across this awesome verse when I needed to hear it the most:

Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior,
who daily bears our burdens. 
Psalm 68:19

I guess I just needed a little perspective, a gentle reminder of His love, an encouraging word, and maybe even a "check yourself, honey".  This IS the day that the Lord has made... I WILL rejoice and be glad in it!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

hey mama shanabanana!!!!
as i read your blog, i can't help but fight back the tears!!! i feel ya p a i n girly!!! i too as of late am misses major grummpy butt!!! EVERY, LITTLE, THING!!!!!!!!!! just get's me...right there!!! and as for Quality time with the Lord.... where do i find the time? i feel soooo mindless at night by the time i get Reub down that i don't feel like that time is worthy of an attempt to study the word. I miss you guys sooooooo much and i just want to come back home now!! i don't regret movin here, cuz i know that the Lord has us here for a reason, i'm just ready for the reason to come on down so that "we can get on with life" were kindda hopein (that ain't how that's spelled huh? lol!) that we could be back in March or somewhere around there! it has been great to be able to see family (for me at least) and to hang out at the zoo and downtown and the aquariums and stuff, but the weather, the people tellin' me how to parent ma child, the sick dad who wont follow doc's orders, the fact that D is generally annoyed (is that how ya spell that? he he he!) with everything that my family says and does, and the non stop workin day and night!!! oh and how could i forget!!! bringin up a lil' one!!!! i have gained soooo much weight girl!! it truley ain't funny!!! i weigh over dare i say it....nahhhhh!!!! let's just say way, way, way beyond way too much!!! (hey this bloggin stuff is pretty theraputic!) oh Shanabanana!!!! I LOVE YOU GIRL!!!!!!! let us just keep in mind that our God, is and awsome and wonderful God! Loving and patient! Kind and wise!!! and He is always right there, with us!! (right next to that pile of laundry!!!) ;)
kel!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails