Tuesday, October 20, 2009

jackson: 9 months

He's doing great. He's sort of a big guy, but normal as far as percentile goes. He weighs 20 lbs and he's starting to stretch out a little. He eats 3 meals of baby food a day and still nurses, but his pediatrician said I can start weaning him. He hasn't been sleeping very well for the last two weeks. I don't know if it's teething or what. To his credit, he did a little better yesterday and today.

He is a very active crawler, and he likes to stand up alot. I've caught him standing on his own before and sometimes see him creep along the side of the couch, but if I point it out he gives me this huge grin and then crawls over to me and wants me to pick him up. He LOVES being held and snuggling; although he's not into unfamiliar faces these days. He chases Acacia around the house and when he finally catches her he tackles her and snuggles. It's awesome. They both crack up.

I told someone today that I was ready for Jackson to walk; she reminded me that once he learns, he'll probably start running; which means I'll be chasing him. I guess I should remember to enjoy each stage as it comes. I remember that once Acacia learned how to walk she wanted less and less snuggle time. I dug up an old shot of Acacia from when she was 9 months; do you think they look alike?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails