Thursday, July 7, 2011

sanity restored!

I couldn't have picked a better blog post to go out on then "on staying sane".  Little did I know I'd be diving into my first trimester right after that post.

I've replaced my computer time with nap time for the last three months and it has been so good.  This pregnancy has been awesome and strange.  I've been nauseous but with very specific cravings.  I went from Chick-fil-a ploynesian sauce... to mini bagels with cream cheese and imitation bacon bits... to just the bacon bits, please... to sucking on limes... to mass quantities of salsa... and it continues.  I still throw up some, but it's usually just when I bend over, drink water on an empty stomach, or clear my throat.  Seriously.  Strange, right?  Weirdest part... I have not been able to stomach dark chocolate. And that has been a serious problem.  Until today.  Which may be why I decided to jump back into the blog-o-sphere; ahhhhh, chocolate high!

Well, enough pregnancy ramblings.  Although I should mention that baby #3 (let's call him/her "tres") is due Christmas Eve and we have decided to wait to find out the gender and let God surprise us on that special day.  We may or may not name the baby Jesús de Maria Emmanuel Mills.  ;) 

I am celebrating a year with my camera!  I got my gently-loved Canon 20D for my birthday last year and I have had so much fun with it.  I've even been second shooting/assisting with my good friend and awesome photographer, Heather Funk, on some weddings.  That has been an awesome experience and I have learned a ton from her.  I'm processing my wedding photos so I can put them on a website.  I'll keep you posted.

On that note, here is a few pictures of life the last three months.  

Acacia making herself and Jackson a goldfish sandwich for lunch on a day that I was feeling super sick:

Dressed up and on our way to a wedding:

 A very good daily reminder:

Building class at Home Depot.  The first Saturday of each month.  The kid's have loved it!  Best to bring your own hammer and wood glue as there are never enough to go around.



Another Home Depot class creation.  I let Jackson plant some Rye grain and it did wonderful.  Acacia planted some beautiful velvet flower seeds that didn't quite make it.

How we've been spending alot of our time lately.  The playhouse remains unfinished, but the kids don't seem to mind and I certainly don't either.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails