Monday, January 25, 2010

we just call it, "the gift"

You can call it being easily distracted, having difficulty focusing or following through... some call it ADD. 

It is not having a short attention span.  It's having a short attention span to boring things.  Other times, I hyper focus, we call this "the zone".

Being a mommy with "the gift" has plenty of strengths (energy, creativity, flexibility, multi-tasking, sense of humor, to name a few); but it sure can make it tough to get stuff done around here!  I'm great with big, random, fun projects, but daily dinner???!!!  Not so much.  Grocery shopping with both kids???!!!  I can easily end up with a cart of stuff and nothing for dinner.  Enter my newest project:  a daily docket.

I compiled several resources and made a few of my own and now I have an AWESOME daily help.  Here's some other good printables.

Here's what I'm working with:
* simple mom's pocket docket pages.  A gajillion copies of this, printed on both sides.  I love the "what's for dinner?" space at the top.
* monthly calendar I found here.
* personalized grocery checklist.  This is so very helpful to me.  I can email if you want.
* weekly menu plan.  We have 3 set meals a week and the rest is up in the air.  Monday is spagetti, Thursday is rice & beans, and Friday is pizza.  This is great help for our budget, my sanity, and grocery shopping because I always have all the ingredients for these 3 meals on hand.

Anyway, when I took the stuff to get copies made I made an extra set if anyone wants one.  You can print your own; but if you want it; just let me know.  You can email me or just leave a comment.

4 comments:

chelsea said...

oh please me.. can you send me one??? i NEED you to live near me. how can we make this happen??

juneheller said...

well, chelsea, you could move back to Miami...the air here is nice and moist...and Shannon has all of these cool friends you could hang out with...

Shannon, I read this on Simple Mom and didn't do it, but your post inspired me.

I have been trying to manage to do lists on my phone, but I am far too distracted by all the other bells and whistles on my phone for that to do list to be effective.

Everytime I go into the phone to see what I need to do, the facebook application distracts me and I end up making comments on something said by someone I went to high school with...

I woke up at 6am to go for a run, and it's 7:15...I've managed to play with a to do list, read blogs, drink coffee and check email, I think I am quite "gifted" too...

(better get my running shoes on and head out the door before Punky wakes up, let Daddy take on "baby's up" duty).

Jodi said...

Hi Shannon!

Thanks so much for your comment on my blog today. :)

Okay, I so have "the gift". I was totally relating with you in this post, and then you ended up linking to the very thing that's been saving my life this month! I love my daily docket! Simple Mom is rad and I love my new home management notebook. :)

Oh, and I would eat Samoas for breakfast too. I ate a whole box once in one sitting. Not proud of that, but I have a serious weakness to those things.

Shannon Mills said...

Congratulations, Chelsea! You are a big winner today!!

I'll get your planner in the mail before the end of the week.

Oh, and I have an idea to get us closer. We go behind our husbands backs and see where we can get them transferred to! What do you say?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails