Friday, February 19, 2010

cold turkey. it ain't easy.

I am having a flashback tonight.  I had a hard time weaning Acaica exactly 2 years ago.  Here is the post from when I knew it was time. Most of my posts from February and March of that year had something to do with weaning.  I finally conquered it when she had a bad stomach bug, here's that one.  I don't want it to have to get to that with Jackson.

He was down to one or two feedings, usually early in the morning and before bed.  All that changed this week when he decided he would see if I would let him nurse around the clock.  The first day caught me by surprise and I nursed him a little extra thinking maybe he was getting sick or something.  He wasn't.  Then he turned into a crazy child.  Wanting to nurse all day and night.  At the grocery store, at the park, anytime I held him.  Lucky for me he can't talk... otherwise I'd be in some very awkward situations.

I know there are moms who are into "extended breastfeeding", that's fine.. but I'm not one of them.  I'm glad to go the full recommended year, and that's where I draw the line.  And did... today.  Poor kid went cold turkey.  Kicked it like a bad habit.  He's a big boy now.  Next time you see him, give him a high five and a pat on the back.  He's a trooper.

In other news, Acacia has been making wonderful Lego creations and we have had them as our dinner centerpiece (shout out to my stud bro Clay!), she is so proud.  And today I found her dollhouse wardrobe in the yard full of weeds, ahem, I mean beautiful wildflowers.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails